Whether you're having surgery and need help caring for yourself while you recover, or you have a chronic illness and need help caring for yourself long term, home care services is an option worth considering.
More and more, doctors are telling people who need continued care that the best place to receive that care is in the comfort of their own home.
Home care services provide you with a range of assistance. For example, home care services may include:
- Sitter Services
- Meal Preparation
- medication reminders
- light housekeeping, laundry, transportation and errands.
These services may be all you need to allow you to continue living independently in your own home.
- Personal Care Services - These services are provided by a trained and certified Home Health Aide. This caregiver can assist with your personal care needs, such as;
- Personal hygiene
- Helping you in and out of bed, lifting, transferring and ambulation.
Consider home care services if you need assistance caring for yourself because:
- You're less able to care for yourself as you get older
- You have a disability
- You're recovering from an illness, surgery or a hospital stay
- You're living with a chronic illness
- You've been diagnosed with a terminal illness